Ensure you are fully informed & prepared
Here are some of the most frequent questions we are asked by tenants.
What ID checks will I need to complete?
We are legally required to carry out full ID checks on tenants to ensure the right to rent in the UK.
Acceptable forms of ID include:
- UK passport EEA/Swiss national passport/identity card
- Registration Certificate or document certifying permanent residence of EEA/Swiss national
- EEA/Swiss family member Permanent Residence card
- Biometric Residence Permit with unlimited leave
- Passport or travel document endorsed with unlimited leave
- UK immigration status document endorsed with unlimited leave
- A certificate of naturalisation or registration as a British citizen
Acceptable ID combinations (any of the below):
- UK birth or adoption certificate
- Full or provisional UK driving license
- A letter from HM Prison Service
- A letter from a UK Government Department or Local Authority
- A letter from National Offender Management Service
- Evidence of current or previous service in UK armed forces
- A letter from a police force confirming that certain documents have been reported stolen
- A letter from a private rented sector access scheme
- A letter of attestation from an employer
- A letter from a UK further or higher education institution
- A letter of attestation from a UK passport holder working in an acceptable profession
- Benefits paperwork
- Criminal Record Check
What information will I need to provide during the referencing process?
Our referencing checks are carried out externally – you will be sent a link to a form asking you to provide various details such as your full name, address, employment history and income. A credit check will be carried out on each tenant over the age of 18. You will also need to provide ID as detailed above.
Do you accept pets?
We cannot speak for all of our landlords, but we will always put forward any requests. The final decision remains with the landlord. We recommend that you provide us with as much information about your pet so that we can fully discuss with our landlord on your behalf. Please see our permitted payments information against each rental property for details on pets.
How much deposit will I be required to pay?
We ask for 5 weeks rent upfront as a deposit which will be protected with the TDS within 30 days of receipt.
When will I pay my deposit and first months’ rent?
Your deposit and first months’ rent will be declared to you on signing the tenant terms. Payment will be due on completion of referencing, before the tenancy agreement can be sent. The rent paid at this point will cover your first month of the tenancy with the next payment due by standing order monthly thereafter.
When will I pay my rent and how?
The rent date will be clearly detailed on your tenancy agreement and on correspondence from us during the move in process. We request that standing orders are set up for your payments at the start of the tenancy.
How do I report a repair issue?
If your tenancy is managed by Andrew Grant, then during office hours you call your dedicated Property Manager and for out of hours emergencies call 01905 671042.
Will there be inspections?
Our Managed Service landlords require regular property inspections. However, we are very conscious that we are entering your home and will always remain as professional and un-intrusive as possible. The inspections should take no longer than 30 minutes and will always give plenty of notice before attending. There are usually 3-4 inspections a year with a summary of the visit provided to the landlord.
Are you able to work with Universal Credit?
We always submit all applications to our landlords, provided they meet the right to rent checks. We have successfully worked with tenants in receipt of Universal Credit for many years now although the final decision of every application lies with our landlords.
How do I sign my tenancy agreement?
The tenancy agreement will be emailed to each tenant requiring an e-signature from all tenants. You will be sent a copy once the landlord has also signed.
I have received my check in report, how long do I have for amendments?
You have 7 days to make any changes to the report. The details must be sent to your property manager within this time.
Can you recommend any removal companies?
Find out more about local removal companies we work with.Removals